Today “Miyagi Ken International” is the result of years of dedication, preparation and effort, and is the clearest reflection of a great legacy, which has continued to cultivate over the years, and formed Shihan Luis Alberte (Sensei Alberte Gonzalez’s son):
“I started practicing Karate Do at an early age, values such as respect, humility, and constancy, intrinsic to this discipline, began to govern all aspects of my life. During my time as a competitor I obtained important achievements in Regional and National Championships held in Venezuela, among which were the First National Open Championship of the Federation and the Shoko Sato Cup. At the age of fourteen (14), I participated in my First International Championship in Havana Cuba, where I obtained First Place in Kata and Kumite, and the title of Best Young Athlete of the Event. At fifteen (15) years of age, I received the black belt (Shodan Ho) from Master Shoko Sato. Later, I joined the National Adult Selection of the in kata, together with the Sensei Martín Materano (current Member of the Technical Committee of Degrees of the FVKD), wich was cause for great satisfaction.”
As a high-performance competitor, He achieved important awards:
– Nine consecutive times, Shoko Sato Cup Champion (Shito Kai Venezuela) in the Adult category in the form of Kata, black belts from 1990 to 98.
– Seven Pan American Podiums (PSKF): Cuba 1991, 2nd place Individual Kata (being surpassed only by Japan as a guest country) and 3rd place Kata Team. Puerto Rico 1994, 3rd place Individual Kata. Puebla – México 1995, 1st place Individual Kata and 3rd place Kata Team. Monterrey – México 1998, 1st place in Individual Kata and 3rd place Kata Team. Habana – Cuba 1999, 2nd place Individual Kata (being surpassed only by Japan as a guest country). Guatemala 2001, 3rd place Individual Kata and 1st place Team Kata. Canadá 2012, Master Category 1st Place Individual Kata and 2nd place in Kumite.
– Four World Podiums (WSKF): Tokyo 1993 Third place in Kata Team, Mexico 1996 Second Place Kumite Team, Tokyo 2000 Second Place Kata Team, (just to three tenths of a points from the Champion Team, The Hasegawa Brothers of Japan) and Moscow 2003 Third Place in Kata Team.
As a Karate Coach:
The achievements that for me acquire greater significance are:
- To have instructed almost one hundred black belts in the Traditional Japanese Karate Do Shito Ryu, and
- To have formed outstanding who have achieved, and continue to achieve excellent positions in International Competitions.
Jokyo Samuel Obadia
Jokyo Mike Malatesta
It is never too early or too late to start karate! We accept students of all abilities, levels and ages. We have programs for kids from 4 years old to adults. Stop by in our location and try our class for free. No obligations, just fun and good work...
After School Program From providing full-time After School supervision that begins the moment the school bell rings and keeping them busy with great martial arts activities and exercises, to helping kids build strong character and important life skills,...
In Karate you will find all the qualities that you wish for when you choose a sport for you child or for yourself. There are physical and mental advantages: INCREASE CONCENTRATION: foster the development of habits that are useful for working and studying....
& HOLIDAYS: CLOSED
Miyagi Ken International | All Rights Reserved
510 Hassler Rd, Spring, TX 77389
(936) 217-3155 (english/spanish)
(936) 217-2969 / (936) 217-3081 (spanish)
10º Transversal, Los Dos Caminos con Av. Los Chorros,
C.C. Galerías Sebucan, 1071 Caracas -Venezuela
Total Elite Training
Miyagi Ken International
Traditional Japanese Karate